I tried one day to write about the idea of a muse. It was hard so I just asked questions. Today I will play it further.
In history, the idea of the muse is a bit too much “charged”. A muse is a woman who “inspires” a male artist, right?
I’m not talking about this at all. I dance here with the adult concept of the Muse (and I add a capital to the word), the tool, the pattern if you want. Call it SuperMuse (oh I like this word!) or HyperFriend if you want. Here are a few tracks :
- What do you do as a Muse? You disturb, you ask, you laugh, you listen carefully, you fight, you understand, you don’t understand, you give seeds, you play, you offer, you smile, you sparkle, you inspire, you surprise, you disagree, you push, you coach, you disappear, you help, you think, you give birth, you take care, you are present…
- It’s a fulltime or a “sometime” process. You can be a Muse for 5 minutes a month.
- To be a Muse is a decision. A smiling one. It’s a friendship most of the time.
- To be Muse is often to be a Double Muse, a vice-versa game : you are a Muse to each other.
- To be a Muse is a part time job. You need to be alone, and in your own life sometimes. Good. You plug as a Muse when you want it.
- To be a Muse is important in both ways. You give your Muse part because it’s a matter of generosity. You welcome it with gratitude, because you know the other works and thinks of you as a Muse. It’s a role, yes.
- A Muse is also a part of disruption, disturbance. Our need to be disturbed is (sometimes) real. Sometimes we ask for it. Sometimes we don’t even know it.
- The Muse thing is a joy, and a bond. Sparkling seeds is a happiness.
- A Muse sometimes doesn’t know what to do. There’s an easiness in being a Muse. You have the right to be fragile, too.
- You can apply and use it and ask for it on little areas of your life. On love, on art, on writing, on job, movies, pictures, inventing : anything.
- You can be explicit if you know a friend of yours who can be a Muse : “I need you for my novel”, or “I think you need me for your management issues, am I right?”.
- You will maybe have to define rules about the rich “Double Muse Activity”.
- A Muse can be a muse without any knowledge of being a muse. As a fan, you can use “the existence of the artist you love” as inspiration. After a bereavement (oh a new word for me!), you can work for the memory of someone, or using the “what if he/she was here?” tool).
- I really think we can incarnate as a Mood Muse. Some people can (and know they can) bring you something : a calm, a happiness, a security, an energy, a focus, an accuracy, a way of being ignorant. Your best friend can do that. Your parents too. Yes they do.
What do think about having a Muse, about being one?
Today I reached my 50th follower on WordPress, thank you for reading!
Instagram : pavel_fedoseyev