Almost all of these “Self Help” books tell the same thing : be strong, wake up early, don’t look in the past, find new goals, move forward, be mindful, accept the reality, be happy, smile, be positive, have hope, succeed, quit toxic people, surround with good energy friends, build very high expectations and reach your goals, love yourself, you’re perfect…
L’injonction au bonheur / Injunction to be happy, mhh?
I noticed, though, that the most interesting books tells us something else :
- It’s always more complex
- You are not perfect and you will never be and the path is complicated
- The contrary of these “injunctions” is probably true too
Voilà. It’s a game you can activate by yourself. Find the Opposite Course books. Or borrow the typical ones, and, just for fun, try to fight them.
- Being weak is useful and slows you down from grey or wrong goals
- Being positive “on demand” is just impossible because you have no cursor for that.
- Quitting “toxic people” is not easy, and they are not as-toxic-as-that, it’s maybe a wrong opinion, and maybe they can help you in an oblique way.
- If you expect too high you may just don’t reach it, and you’ll despair…
Can you REALLY wake up and smile? Every single morning? Don’t you look like a freaky frog?
Allez! Have a nice splendid day!
The only thing you can count on, it’s the change