You’ll find dozens of articles about how stalking is baaaad. They are all made on the same pattern : “After a break-up, a good lady is annoyed by an evil ex-lover, who watches her life through Facebook, Instagram and whatever else social media”, blah blah. It’s bad for him too, say the articles : “he suffers and he’s jealous, instead of healing, oh this is so sad”, etc. Him or Her, oui? It works both ways…
Mutual stalking is something else. You stalk with a smile, and you begin to see signs that the other one stalks you too, awweeee! :
- He blocked you on Instagram but from time to time you’re unblocked (he has to, to see what you post).
- He “doesn’t watch” your pictures but one day accidentally double-clicked one. In a hurry he un-liked it but too late : there’s a warning “XXX liked you picture” on your phone.
- He “doesn’t read your blog” but if one day you are briefly in contact with him, he talks about elements you posted on your blog only.
- You’re in a silence treatment fight but you appear to be at the same time connected on WhatsApp, silently staring the other one status : “Online” for minutes, like two smiling idiots.
- You read his blog, realizing that almost all posts are like disguised letters for you, full of signs like the city you were born, idioms you use, symbols you both know, etc – telling “I think of you” or “I want to talk to you where are you, good grief?” constantly.
- He’s so wrong in his writings, but maybe he’s not talking about you, after all… And, well, this dog is sometimes so right that it hurts, or that you’d want to cuddle him for a minute.
- You hate/love him but you like/dislike that he thinks about you sometimes.
- Some fake accounts wanders around. Full of clues… You can then play cat and mouse : it’s me, I make as if I didn’t know it’s you, please do the same, because we don’t talk to each other any more, right?
Well, not with him/her, that’s clear, OK? But not without him/her either, right?
Have a nice day!