Pierre Bonnard (1867-1947) was a French painter, a “post-impressionist”, a member of the Nabis ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Les_Nabis ), etc… You’ll find many labels around him.
If you Google image (or Pinterest) his name, you’ll find :
- A splendid and risky use of colors
- Unusual viewpoints
- Original “frames” games (windows, doors…)
- A obvious smiling casualness, and modest dareness, nerve
- A Japanese way to draw in 2D, flat
- Intimate scenes and everyday life
- Dreamy, quietness
- Unfinishness, childishness, chilled : pleasure
So maybe like me you won’t like Bonnard, but you’ll like him though! Watch them in a row, and you’ll find a smile on your face. See?
Have a nice day!
Not really come across Pierre Bonnard before but you have inspired me to go find out more, thank you
LikeLiked by 1 person