There’s a Wikipedia page for reference : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_chart
I’m fascinated by the number of books about color palettes (for artists, for web design, fashion).
They all seem to be very sure about the mood given by a set of colors (dynamism, vintage, girly, serious business, etc)!
There are applications and websites to help you find a “mood”. Just Google “Color Harmony”.
I just read a good page about advertising and colors : https://en.99designs.fr/blog/tips/colors-marketing-advertising/
It leads to questions for thinkers, and this article therefore :
- It seems so accurate, thus how do you “invent”?
- Do you need dark green for serious organic beauty business?
- How did and does it change through the years?
- And places, cultures?
- Is the sensibility to these palettes the same in Norway and in Texas?
- Are there differences for movies, branding, websites or books covers?
- Are there stars, inventors, in this field?
- Can the choice of a palette be risky, and a failure?
- Sunny for funerals? Deep blue for teen romances?
- What could be a game of invention?
- Palette : “Couple Failure”, “Orson Welles in 2145”, or “Gothic bees”?
- Color chart for a city? A job? Poetry?
- How do you change a color palette?
- Or kill it (Apple logo was colorful at the beginning)?
- What else?
Thanks for reading!