I’m listening to Oma Maa, Op 92, a great cantata written by Sibelius. These choir & colors!
Now I think about Holst (very similar music with choir), about Northern countries (Finland, Norway, Sweden) and the lands…
I talked today about Baudelaire with my daughter. He is probably our best French poet ever. And an enemy of classicism, because of… all the rules involved. Invention needs to break some rules, right? I remember my Philosophy degree exam : “Is it a progress to not believe?”.
I’m reading a book called Absurd Decisions III : Hell of Rules.
And it’s hilarious! They asked people working in a company, in North of Europa, about… Rules in the company.
- 3% often use the books of rules
- 50% never use them
- 47% judges the rules unrealizable
- 29% think the rules are there to punish them in case of problem
- 95% think that if the rules were respected the work would never been done in time
- 79% think that there are too many rules
- 70% judge that they are too complicated
- 77% think they are sometimes contradictory
Ignorance of capacities, invention, intelligence, adaptation, life, movement…
Management out of reality, cut from people, illusion of knowledge, lured by digits…
Are you a rules-follower? Worse : Are you a rules-inventor? OK : what do you have to do now? A survey?
Have a great day!