Talking yesterday with a father, about jobs & choices – high valued big jobs like doctor, lawyer or financial jobs, and workers, like electricians and plumbers. With this observation in mind : good workers make big money, yeyyyy.
Then a category split appeared with a few examples we saw :
- This electrician he knows, who says he never stops working, he never takes holidays, because he is “very much in demand”, all the time.
- This lawyer I knew who worked half a month before traveling everywhere in the world with his wife – I used to see him biking with his briefcase!
There, I have to put what a banker told me one day (which seams almost a law) :
most people live just a little OVER what they earn
I think it’s true!
Now there’s a huge difference between the US and other modern countries : health. In Europa you don’t need to have millions of dollars in bank to pay all the treatments and cares needed after an accident. Everybody pays a little, every month. It’s not made for poors and olds, but for everyone. It’s NOT socialism. It’s Left and Right. You won’t ever hear about a personal bankruptcy because of health, in France!
OK let’s imagine we’re in Europa. You can :
- Pile up money into bank accounts. You work all the time, then you’re dead. Rich.
- Pile up money to buy things, cars and big houses.
- Pile up money to buy free time and experiences.
So we talked about this guy, who works three weeks and takes 10 days off : holidays. Every fucking month.
He could make much more money, but what for? To have much more money?
…most people live just a little OVER what they earn.
What’s smart, then?
Exhausted Rich or Happy Rich?
Thanks for reading!