I took this picture in a French book and I’ll list the creativity tips for you. Apply them on blogging, then on sex, then on photography, OK?
- Call evidences into questions : have a “why?” conversation and use it on everything.
- Feed from everything : be curious, and be curious out of your field.
- Identify your “box” and get out of it : what is your routine?
- Go see elsewhere : what will you explore ?
- Steal ideas : and let others steal yours, observation & appropriation.
- Test your ideas (with whom?) : listen and improve.
- Jump into the pool, then learn how to swim : dare, have fun, experiment.
- Learn how to fail : get smarter.
- Pick yourself up… endlessly; create by mistakes.
- Highlight the process, more than the goal.
- Flexible and agile : be fast and elegant and gathering…
- Stay open, knock down walls : learn, listen to the propositions of life. Who are those who don’t think like you?
- Walk : inside or outside, even around your desk! Walk and see ideas blossom.
- Write, always write, even imperfectly, even if you feel you have nothing to say. Everyday.
- Disconnect and tame boredom.
- Do much, with little : even if little is “money” or “time”, or “ideas”.
- Work relentlessly.
- Love mess, love order too.
- Don’t judge (too early) : let your work grow, then you’ll see.
- Let go, and trust : de-control-freak yourself?
- Surround with the good persons.
- Keep your brain in movement : talk with younger people!
- Pace yourself. Nap. Don’t be jealous, it’s a loss of time.
- It’s never too late
Extend in : can I go too far? Then what?
Try this : prove they’re all wrong.
Then try this : apply to teaching, marketing, military.
What if you don’t have to be creative?
I’d add : listen to propositions, explore your other side, invent your golem