As I climbed (I would like to invent the preterit Clumb : To climb, clumb, clomb – oui?) to the “Guru” level, here are new elements, mostly built from mistakes, attempts and ignorance, for Gurushots.
- The free Fill / Swap / Key is added once 2/4/6 challenges you took part in have ended. So sometimes you don’t get anything. That’s annoying, then you realize you can “fix” that by intercalating neglected challenges, then you realize you don’t care : you have to find/take good pictures, that’s all!
- Whatever you do (I mean : you push your picture with fills or not), you’ll get rewards. Thus : if you’re in “All Star”, don’t push a picture for some other reason than “it’s a good one”.
- You’ll always get annoyed by this : the pictures you think are great are unsuccessful. Why are they? Because you’re wrong, or because it doesn’t please dumb voters? Hmmm????
- Try to participate to all challenges : it gets you rewards, AND it forces you to think, to be creative.
- Invent your own fun, like make a picture which complies with two challenges at a time (for example : “Lady in Red”, and “Outdoor Portrait”).
- Fills and Votes are a mess to understand. Piling Fills on a picture is useless, but one per day seems good. Think also about this : what time is it?
- Filling or swapping in the last hour of a challenge is pretty effective (everybody votes on it at this time).
- A few votes (like 5-10) will help your picture to get better ranks, maybe like a Fill. This is a secret.
- Thus, vote, vote, and vote (though it’s sometimes totally boring to list many bad tasted photos in a row). You’ll vote more when pleasing elements are on screen.
- The “near the end” of a challenge gets everybody electric. It’s crowded and fast. It’s a good moment to fill, to vote, and to swap : the results gets bigger and faster.
- Use your free boots everyday, or not : you can imagine it’s less effective than keeping a boost for the last few hours of the challenge. It lasts longer than fills, thus Boost a picture before using your swaps and fills.
- If you feel you have many good pictures on one precise “4 pics challenge”, prepare much more, like 10 photos. Post 4, then wait a day to find which one is the most successful, then Boost it. Swap the 3 others. Get prepared to swap again, and maybe again near the end. You can also begin a 4 picts challenge with one pictures only, then push the 3 others near the end.
- Never forget you compete with two powerful crowds : 1/ Better photographers 2/ Terrible photographers who pay for tools to climb ranks.
- Also, this question : will you use good pictures you make with your cam (watch books of good photographers) or flashy computized oversaturated awful pictures who will please the masses (watch photography magazines).