As usual, I found many different quotes for this one, and I’m not sure which one is the good one :
Empty your mind
Be formless, shapeless
Water can flow
Or it can crash
Be water my friend
OK I’m sure it’s about balance and to flow with your own energy – or something…
- Something about shape : “When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle”.
- It can be about adaptation, right? Use and adapt to what’s around, people, mood, energy.
- Then you can think it’s inertia.
- Maybe it’s about waiting.
- Maybe it’s about surprise : water can crash, flood anything.
Inertia is interesting. It depends who you are. Imagine you’re under terrible or mean management for a year. What is water here, what is inertia?… :
- Some people think inertia is laziness and inactivity.
- Some people think inertia is almost sabotage, failure to understand… on purpose.
- Some people think inertia is just a lack of personality, something about kowtow.
- Some people know inertia is a strength and a force and a power. You can’t hurt water : it becomes a bottle, or a cup, it becomes anything.
- Some people know inertia is a resistance.
- Some people know inertia is a waiting time.
- Some people know inertia is a way to watch, to increase knowledge or to have fun.
Where to watch or apply this state of mind tool? Management? War? Politics? Couple? Self Help?
Some other guys won’t like it. They fight. Good! Act with your strengths! Some are air, or fire, or earth.
I’m a Taurus. Earth. I could rewrite this article without water (though I’ve been watching things from inside a bootle, many times)…
“Be soil, my friend”. OK I’m on it…
Thanks for reading, have a nice day!