Gurushots has invented a new smart way to involve people : they create Events twice a week, like contests of contests in small groups, involving 100 photographers of the same level at a time.
After a bunch of them where I finished 1st 2nd or 3rd, here’s what I found :
- When an Event stops, stop posting pictures in the new challenges, keep them to get fast points at the beginning of the next new Event.
- The challenges you have already begun will bring you fills and boosts, which will be added to the ones you got from the previous event. Keep all of them as little tools.
- But prepare them though. Watch the challenges, watch what people post, and get your pictures ready in your profile basket.
- Don’t use the daily free boosts for now, resist.
When a new event begins :
- First, review all 4 pictures challenges you have and use the free Boosts on the most successful pictures… or the one you love the most!
- Don’t forget to check and use the new free Boosts every day.
- Then watch the next challenges which will enterfinish soon. You will need here all the boosts you have (to unlock them). Post your work.
- For each of the “4 photos” challenge, I suggest you post only ONE of the four pictures. This way, you take your place in the challenge, and you won’t have to use Swaps to gain votes later (because, as you know already, the boiling appears in the last one or two hours of a challenge). When the end approaches, post the 3 others to fill it.
- Then watch the challenges you entered before which will finish soon. If it’s in one or two hours, activate your tools : Swap if you have low votes, Boost if you have some left, Fill. Watch what happens; maybe you’ll get a hit!
- If you have some Fills left, review all you current challenges and fill some the most successful ones (which means that your picture is appreciated) – but keep some Fills for later.
- Enter all the challenges left you can. Be creative if you don’t fill exactly the challenge rules : use toys to invent fairy tales, use nature if you don’t have National Park pictures, etc.
- By doing this, you’re much more active than before, it’s why their Events was a good idea. It can happen that you get a great rank, or Guru picks, or win a challenge, who knows?
- Near the end of the Event, you’ll be empty of Boost, Fills and Swap. You can let go, or you can vote to push the soon closing challenges. It takes time.
- Please vote really, not in clicking the validattion button like a fool – which would encourage the bad works.
- If a picture is really successful, Fill it, then every 10 minutes pile around 20 votes on the it to keep your dial at the maximum all along.
Remember : the boiling happens always at the end of a challenge, within the last hour : focus on these – everybody is active (and voting), it’s useful.