Hey everybody! I salute you!
More than two years ago I began with this article :
I had some great help from a WordPress blogger, and ONE follower…
Today I reached 200 “real” followers (197 + 3 “by email” – more than 350 with Social Medias) and reached more than 1000 views in the month of January. Waow!
It’s little when you know some other blogs, but it’s a big satisfaction for me. Merci !
I love to blog. I stand up and I stood up thanks to it. It’s organizing my messy brain, and at the same time I love sharing little ideas (tools) with you.
Thank you for being there! Thank you for liking it when you do…
I invite you to steal anything from it and share it if you think it can be useful, or build your own text from this. Ideas are floating and they are free. Tools should be shared.
One day, someone told me that 40 followers was a classroom.
Well, it’s a bigger one today.
Bonne journée ! Have a nice day!
Ohh : 201 now 🙂
Ah that good question it is, “Why do you blog?”. You can pick another one if you want : Why to you run? Why do you paint? Why do you shop? Why do you have sex?
I use it as a pretext to write about Motivation Theories, which are a whole messy basket of attempts to explain why I do something.
Why do you blog? Well, it depends…
- You want to grow, to accomplish something
- You want new competences
- You want to meet people, affiliation
- You need to express yourself
- You believe in it
- You need more self-esteem
- You want money, or a job
- You want power, you want to influence people
- You want to be rewarded, posititive feedbacks, recognition
- You want to impress someone, or a group
- You want to be heard, you want readers, followers
- You think it’s a way to gain something else, to enter something
- It’s interesting
- You fear something, like punishment
- You need a goal, a discipline, a frame, to push yourself
- You are pulled, or triggered by something, orders for example
- You need schedules, to be driven by something
- You need to be busy, tasks
- You need to forget something else
- You want to reduce something
- You want to meet your future husband or your wife
- Motivation needs to become words and expression
- You want or need to explain yourself
- You search something and you find it little by little
- You need to be productive, to produce something, to have results
- You like numbers, statistics, you count visitors, likes, followers
- You’re drunk
If you want to find more, Google “Motivation“, that’s really funny to dig. At the end, I found one day a single way to express this mess (your reason you blog is a melting cheese of reasons, right?) that could be the ultimate height of social motivation :
You blog, because you want to be loved
Thanks for reading!