When we meet someone, our brain try to find out “who” is this person. It’s maybe your new hairdresser, a new doctor you have to see, your future lover or a new colleague : you meet this human being and you immediatly begin to watch and analyse his or her personality.
Then, like a puzzle, you collect “words on stickers” you put on this person. Slow, shy, funny, anxious or whatever. Just take the sitcom Friends : Don’t you have words to stick to Monica, Joey or Phoebe ? See ?
This is OK and this is the way we all do. Monica is perfectionnist, competitive and obsessive-compulsive, Joey is… ahh you know all that, right ?
What stickers do you put on your… friends ? People have many facets. You discover them one by one… Flaws and Qualities, we are all a mess and a multiplicity. There’s a whole family in here ! Therefore, there’s an interesting set of dials to watch here. And some questions :
- Can we be wrong when we put some stickers on someone ?
- What happens when you watch someone drunk ? Or in danger ? Are the stickers useful then ? Are you able to remove them to find back your friend ?
- What do you do when you realize someone’s in disguise ? Wears masks ?
- Can someone hide some of dark personality traits ?
- Surprises ? What if the stickers you chose for a person were wrong ?…
- What about the stickers you “think” people put on you ?
About our dark sides, you can just click on this wiki : Shadow .
Dial : We all have good and bad personality traits. We have to fight our flaws, constantly, we make mistakes, we do what we can. You have to think about this when you put stickers on people you communicate with. Stickers are OK and funny to analyse a personality, but then, there’s a moment when you have to remove them and embrace contradictions and the complexity of us all… We are not made of words, but human beings…
You also have to watch closely people who list stickers on themselves. Maybe they’re right, maybe they hide something, maybe they… do what they can, too ! If your friend, one day, acts silly, it’s maybe the day to say : “Hey silly, what did you do ? Come here, I know you, and you’re not like that…”.