This is a whole box of tools about Inside Sidestepping. I evoked it in an article about how to disappear in oneself for a short moment : Waldgänger. It’s about “staying where you are, but you don’t believe anymore”. An exercise INTJs love to do !
In love, at work, at a meeting, within a group of friends : you can use that everywhere. Suddenly you’re out. Suddenly you see how things work, and you become a watcher :
- It’s not rebelling, it’s about watching, and feeling differently
- It can be protection, sheltering
- Suddenly you don’t play the game, or you do “as if”, and you watch
- You let yourself be thoughtful, pensive, undecided
- The others don’t know you’re in your tent
- You can invent, build, and destroy your tent in a second
- You stay there, but you don’t believe, you’re a dilettante, a dabbler
- You can be sarcastic or ironic, or not – it’s not required
- Suddenly, things are not that serious, and they even can become surrealistic
- Being there is a recovery, a resumption, an escape, a relief
- It’s a way to survive, to have fun, a way to stay zen
- It can lead to a positive form of hypocrisy, a mask game
- Sidestepping is like asking to yourself : “Who’s misled here?”
- You can go back in the game in one second
You decide it, or you can be put there : if you’re pregnant, or sick, you go on living in the world but the way you see it is different. Your “inside sidestepping” carries on, for a long time.
Feel free to add ideas in comments. Thanks for reading!
Instagram : danurbel