Make your “not enough” a SCFIM (a Splendid, Complex, Fast, Interesting Machinery)
This tool is used when your you don’t have the means to do your mission.
- You can lead a military team – it’s way too small for what you’re asked for into battle.
- You’re given a corner in a big store – too little to reach your goals.
- You have to take pictures at a wedding but your big Nikon just died and you have to use a point an click shitty camera.
- You’re a composer but you’re locked for months with a flute and sheet paper.
- You feel that your destiny is to write a book but you have no ideas at all.
Lament! Rage! Despondence and frustration! You have “not enough”! You could do much better, right?
This is the path we all take. Along with all these :
- Trying to convince upper hierarchy that you’re spoiled
- Watching the disaster coming
- Run away
- Become cold or indifferent
- Say “I told you so”
That’s boring. My pattern is to roll up your sleeve and build a SCFIM. Make your “not enough” a Splendid, Complex, Fast, Interesting Machinery. It’s elegant!
Smile! Amor Fati! Mute your carps into dolphins. Be fast and elegant. Invent your effectiveness. Surprise yourself. Find possibilities. Open doors. Make it mobile, splendid, clever, complex, fast, elegant, surprising, interesting!
(OK let’s call it MSCCFESIM)
Thanks for reading!