There are 2 types of houses : with books, or empty of.
Imagine you have a couple of days in an apartment full of books.
Of course, you have your own books in your backpack. These are like air, or food, right?
One strangeodd way of spending a few hours alone in this place is :
Read prefaces only
Pick up books in a random way – be fast and casual, like a little girl with daisies.
Read prefaces only. Mais oui !
– What for, mister Becausewhat?
- It can bring you a urge desire to read the rest of the book
- You’ll discover authors you don’t know
- If a preface is written by another person, your brain will try to understand this link between both
- It’s knowledge feast & debauchery
- It’ll provide seeds for your hungry mind
- You’ll associate this place with exploration and pleasure (and?)
- It’s a good way to lose yourself (and you need to, right?)
- Discovery (of fields you ignore)
- Maps & new ways of thinking, drawing paths
- Seeds for subsequent conversations with the books owner
- Inspiration (take notes, silly)
- Extending your knowledge
Voilà! What did you find? How did you choose? Did you ask for indications from your host – for the day after? What happened then?
Thanks for reading! Have a nice week-end!