Music is a pleasure of life, and it’s useful too. One day I realized that there are musics “for”.
- Music to give birth to images. Imaginary landscapes or anything. Images.
- Music decor.
- Challenging musics you don’t understand. You need explanations. Or books. Exploration. Typical for me: Mahler.
- Music can help you to work, to focus, to give brain energy.
- Dancing in your house.
- Musics for remembrance. Memories.
- Music for energy.
- Music to be together (concerts)
I wanted to write an article named “This Author? I have everything…”.
You probably have one, if you’re a reader, right? Or two.
I have everything (or almost) of Jünger, Proust, Chekhov, Faulkner, Valéry, Borges and Bernhard.
And you? Why?
Nietzsche: The Camel, The Lion, The Child. What are these?
Like what? Levels?
- The Camel is a carrier and he is strong. He’s a walker, a traveler. But also: “The camel develops the desire to unburden itself, take control of its own destiny and say its own “I will”.”
- The Lion needs to rule over the desert, to become a lord, struggling with existing lords, like the dragon who says “You shall”. The lion don’t say “I will”, he says “No”.
- Then, the Child. He’s at play: “The child is innocence and forgetfulness, a new beginning, a game, a self-propelling wheel, a first motion, a sacred Yes.”. Unburdened of many customs and conventions, he explores, changes, he creates!
Well I kind of like it.
There’s something about one Art lover who was in love with a well known painting, I don’t remember which one, but this painting was placed in a museum on another continent, thus the poor man had never really “seen” the painting. A TV channel proposed him to pay for everything, following the poor man with cameras. TV loves emotions!
At least, he’s put in front of it, puts his hand on his mouth and cries, overwhelmed with emotions, etc.
- Or not: how can you be really moved when two cameras stand in front of you?
- Or else: what do you feel when you’re “supposed” to feel something?
- Or more: what if you don’t feel the expected, at all?
We’re here into the well known “be spontaneous paradox”. A vexing communication block occurs when one person requests or demands something from another that can only be given spontaneously – like trust, love, interest, acceptance, appreciation, desire, and respect.
The idea of “breaking the fourth wall” is always interesting, it’s a strangeization process, something unusual to catch back the audience…
It talks about a convention (in a play or a film, actors usually don’t talk to the audience), therefore it tells something about the director, “conventions breaker”, why, etc.
It can be done metaphorically, like: “This can be done through either directly referring to the audience, the play as a play, or the characters’ fictionality.“
It’s about meta, about originality, about sympathy too : I love when Woody Allen in Annie Hall (I think) talks to the spectators in a middle of a scene (engaging, using me as a friend-witness, etc).
The Muslims veil says “I don’t want to show you my hair”.
What are my Third Path Pattern?
- I have to choose A or B – I choose C
- I have to choose A or B – I choose both
What are yours?
Is there a Tim Burton problem? Of course you’ll find his last interviews where he says he’s a bit tired, and he’s aware of every artist “loss of inspiration”.
My Tim Burton problem is the pattern “cult and original and so different”, but the… mainstream way. It’s a bit like the goth culture problem, they feel and dress “so different” but the whole thing is always the same and predictable (clothes, music, moods) AND they always gather to be… together.
So: mist, black things, cemeteries, weird trees, etc. Burtonesque.
Sometimes it’s marvelous (Nightmare Before Christmas!), most of the time I roll my eyes, sigh (Alice, etc).
Thanks for reading!
PS : Grammarly doesn’t work properly in the new WordPress “block” editor. Any clue to make it work?